Today we are here with a new article which is about that “Improve Speed of your internet connection by changing the computer DNS”. When a user connecting the internet, then your ISP automatically gives you a default DNS and sometimes that default DNS doesn’t work speedly and user have to face problem of slow internet.
To Improve The Internet Speed Change Default DNS To Google DNS
So here is a solution of your problem that is change the default DNS with google DNS. Which surely improve your internet speed. It will work on different versions of windows. This Google DNS is fast than default DNS. Here are two methods. One is manual and other is from software. So follow just simple steps:
- First of all Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
- Now choose the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS.
- If you want to change Ethernet connection, then go to Local Area Connection >Properties.
- If you want a wireless connection then Wireless Network Connection >Properties.
- Now choose Networking tab. There you will get connection with the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then choose Properties.
- Now click on Advanced option and select the DNS. Then click OK.
If there is any IP address listed in the Preferred or Alternate DNS server write that down for future reference.
Replace those addresses with the Google DNS servers IP addresses:
For IPv4: 126.96.36.199 and/or 188.8.131.52.
For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844.
Now restart the connection you selected in step 3