Today our article about a new trick, here we will tell you that How can you disable USB(Universal Serial Bus) ports on your Windows based computer to prevent other user from taking out your data without permission or spreading viruses through the use of USB or pen drives.
Disable USB Ports On Windows Computers Via Registry
This is an amazing trick, You just need to follow some simple steps and implement it on your PC. Then you will see the result. It will disable USB ports on your system. So here are the steps:
- First click on Start.
- Click on Run or you can also use Windows+ R shortcut key to open it.
- Now type “regedit” without quotes. This will launch the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\usbstor.
- Now, In the work area, double click on Start.
- In the Value Data box, enter the value 4
- Now click on OK.
- Close Registry Editor and then refresh your desktop.
- If you want to re-enable access to your USB ports, then you can enter 3 in the Value Data box.
This trick will works on Windows version 10, 8, 8.1, 7 and XP. Now try it yourself to make your computer more protective from malware and data theft by disabling USB ports.
But one thing keep in mind that this trick can also disables access to your USB connected peripheral devices. So, do not use it if you have USB connected keyboard and mouse.